Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wine Wednesdays, instead of exercise...a new tradition?

Ok.  So, this week has been less than eventful, exercise-wise, and pretty sh*tty crappy, even with a wonderful day off on Monday, to which I enjoyed hanging around the house and a fabulously relaxing yoga class. J You would think that would have prepared me for the rest of the week. 

As my yoga isntructor says, 'this is a yummy pose'-NOTE TO SELF: She's going to live forever!

                                            
However, when family comes to town (if you catch my drift?), once a month, it’s not good.  It just wears me out. Usually by day 3, I am on the mend.
So, for the 2nd day of this week, I chose to ‘listen to my body’ (so that’s what the books say I should do) and rest (even though other articles say to exercise through the pain-such conflicting information on the internet-it can really mess with your mind if you let it). 
NOTE TO SELF, again: I am going to have to bust my butt for the rest of the month because the Savannah ½ is 4 weeks away. Ouch!
I interpreted listening to my body as saying that I need a glass of red wine, or 2…what do you think?
I think it also said to enjoy, thoroughly, that homemade spaghetti with meatballs while watching a series titled ‘In Wine Country.’ This is one of our favorite shows, where we can dream of returning (or living) in California’s Wine Country. Who knows…could happen one day!
Here’s where you ‘non-DINKer’s’ might start to get jealous (if you haven’t already)…It was just me and my Roxy.                                   

She had her water, dog food, and favorite toy…me a glass of Pedroncelli (a 2008 Zinfandel-coincidental that it’s a ‘Mother Clone’? Today, I felt like a mother (and I don’t mean in the sense of a mom.)                                    

It is heaven, if I am being honest, especially when you are feeling less than frisky (and believe me the hubby’s glad to be away).
Hey, absence makes the heart grow fonder, right? 
So, now that I am on glass #2, I will sit back and dream of buying lots of great clothes from my Athleta magazine; read a little of my ‘The Natural Superwoman’ book (which is a fabulous explanation, from a natural perspective, of “family”); and laugh at the X-Factor show..oh, crap! Who replaced X-Factor with some stupid baseball game?!?!?!? Seriously, I could care LESS about pro baseball.  I guess I will have to watch re-runs of SATC! I love me some Carrie Bradshaw, and the character Aiiden even more…dreamy! Remember Aiiden...the one that got away!
I will go to bed early (probably not) with the FULL intention of getting up early and going to the gym before I head off to work. We will see how that goes (P.S.-I am NOT a morning person-so my chances are slim of this happening).
If not, there’s always tomorrow!
Confess…do you enjoy drinking alone?
Confess, again…do you ever dream of it just being you and maybe the doggie?
I won’t tell.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage comments. However, please be kind..or I will have to delete your comment! :)